As if you needed any more convincing, here are four more important reasons that will have you running for the phone and getting in touch with us ASAP:
- Durability of your HVAC system: In the absence of regular cleaning or systematic maintenance, it is believed that 90% of heating and cooling systems tend to breakdown or fail. Replacing the overall system and paying for the labor to do so works out to be significantly more expensive than hiring Mega Steam Clean air duct cleaning professionals to conduct periodic maintenance on it.
- Savings on Energy Usage: Did you know that dust build up on the coils of your heating and cooling systems leads to excessive energy consumption? According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, removing as little as 4/10 of an inch of dust from the coils reduces energy consumption by more than 20%. You can imagine how much you will be able to save on your monthly utility bills.
- Protection from Health Problems: Your air duct cleaning system could be circulating a host of pollutants throughout your house including dust, allergens like pet dander and pollen, and toxins like rodent droppings, mold, and mildew. For those that are susceptible to allergies, living in a place that has poor air quality can cause their condition to aggravate. Even if your family does not have allergic reactions to these substances, there is still the danger of contracting other illnesses and diseases.
- Remove Nasty Odors: The proliferation of dust and mildew in your air ducts usually leads to the presence of a musty odor throughout the house – something that persists in spite of aromatic candles or the strongest air fresheners. As experts in duct cleaning, Mega Steam Clean professionals guarantee that once we are done, the only thing we will leave behind is fresh and sweet smelling air.
Now you understand why it’s so important to hire reliable air duct cleaning experts.
As you can see, a total, thorough, and regular air duct cleaning is a pre-requisite of a healthy home environment. In addition to a periodic maintenance schedule, it’s also important to have your air ducts cleaned in case any of these events occur:
- Presence of water in your duct caused by leaky roof or water pipe
- Flooding of your town or home
- Mold detected during servicing of your HVAC system
- Presence of insects or rodents in the duct
- Major remodeling project
- Moving into a new apartment or home