Water Damage Restoration El Paso TxWhat to Do & What Not Do When Waiting for Mega Steam Clean Water Damage Restoration Experts to Arrive
Water damage can be caused by a variety of reasons, ranging from something as small as a leaking pipe or faucet to a natural disaster or flooding in the basement. Cleaning up the water and repairing the damage it may have caused to your home’s furniture and structural integrity is not something that an average housekeeper can tackle successfully. This is a matter best left to the water damage restoration experts. However, there are a few things you can do as you wait for them arrive on the scene. This will help minimize the damage being caused to your house. In the same breath, there are a few things you shouldn’t do since they can potentially worsen the situation. We’ll start with the leading mistake homeowners tend to make first.
El Paso Water Damage – What You Shouldn’t Do
- Try to remove water with an ordinary household vacuum cleaner.
- Using Electrical appliances while you are standing on wet floors or carpets.
- Enter a room with standing water while the electric current is running in it.
- Try to remove carpets that have been tacked down to the floor without professional help. If you do it badly, the carpet could shrink
- Lining the floors with newspaper, hoping it will absorb the water. Ink from newspaper transfers easily to carpets and other surfaces causing permanent staining.
El Paso Water Damage – What You Should Do
Above all, the most important thing you can do while our El Paso water damage experts arrive is to stay calm. Now that you’ve taken the first steps, the restoration process will be that much easier and we will be able to get it over and done fairly quickly. As one of the best names in El Paso water damage restoration, our promise to our customers is straightforward and simple. We offer only the best possible services to help your family get through this problem. We do not consider the job completed unless we are absolutely certain that everything is in order and every presence of water damage has been wiped from your house. To know more about our water damage restoration services in the El Paso, get in touch with our team today.
- Open the windows and use fans to circulate the air. This helps remove the dampness from a room and prevents the growth of mold/mildew.
- Carpet, rugs and floor coverings retain a lot of water. Remove them immediately and hang them up to be dried.
- If you can’t remove the furniture, place blocks of wood or tin foil saucers under their legs.
- If there are any draperies trailing on the floor, lift them and loop them through a coat hanger which you can then suspend from the curtain rod.
- Those that have a dehumidifier should use it, provided the outside temperature is above 60 degrees. Keep the windows closed when you are running it. This helps the drying process quite a bit.
- Open the doors of your closet, the drawers on your table to help them dry quickly
- Get antiques, paintings, and other valuable objects from the damp room to prevent them from getting damaged.
- Remove books from the cupboard and, if any of them happen to be damp, spread them out to be dried.
- Get the elderly members of your family, young children, and anybody else who could be suffering from allergies or respiratory conditions out of the house.